Online Order and Shipping Policies
BDF customers have been using our website to place orders and make payment online for our products for a number of years now. Here are some policies you should know before you place your first online order here.
- Shipping rates: For simplicity, we have implemented a flat shipping rate system based on our past experience. A flat shipping rate is automatically added for each item and totaled on a separate line. All shipping flat rates are for shipping to Canada and the US 48 continental states. US customers in Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico must contact us for shipping cost prior to making online order here. For US customers, the flat shipping rate does not cover any applicable US customs brokerage fee, duty and tax (applicable ONLY when your total item cost is over $200 dollars).
- Combined shipping discount: Because the shopping cart we use cannot handle cross-items combined shipping, we implemented a workaround solution: we use a cart-wide handling fee as the base portion of the shipping rate, then add extra shipping fee depending on the item ordered, thus total shipping rate (handling fee + shipping) should have no duplicate base shipping rate and is close enough to the actual shipping cost. You can also contact us (with your order items and shipping address) to get the combined shipping rate quote via email.
- Shipping address: All items are shipped to the confirmed PayPal address ONLY! Shipping to alternate address MUST be pre-approved by BDF. Please contact us to obtain approval before you make the payment.
- Shipment processing: All items are normally shipped within one business days. Occasionally some items are out of stock and our website are not updated yet, we will notify you with two options: place it on back order or refund you in full. If a payment is not cleared or placed under investigation, items will be hold until the payment is cleared or a resolution is reached.
- Shipment method: We normally ship packages with UPS Standard or Canada Post expedited, depending on the location. For a small pack of 25 sheets of transfer papers, they will be shipped via Canada Post regular mail. For US customers, we always ship UPS Standard unless there is no standard UPS services available there.
- International Shipping: We do not ship to anywhere outside Canada and US due to high cost of shipping. Sorry, no inquiry about international shipping.
- Currency: All products on our website have price in Canadian dollars. For our US customers, majority of our products now also have prices in US dollars.
- Payment methods: all our online payments are processed by PayPal. You can pay directly with your PayPal account or credit card.
- Sales Tax: For all Canadian customers, all orders including shipping fees are subject to sales tax. No sales tax for US customers.
- Warranty and Return Policies: All purchases made here on our website are subject to our standard warranty and return policies.
We at BDF Graphics stand behind our products. Here are our standard warranty policies for all equipment we sell except those (e.g. card printers) covered by factory warranty.
Some products may have specific terms and conditions, which should be treated as additional terms and conditions to our standard policies. If any of those additional terms and conditions are contradictory to the standard terms and conditions, those specified for a particular product will take precedence over the standard terms and conditions defined here.
We guarantee any new equipment we supply to be free from defects in material and workmanship, and offer one year limited warranty from the date of supply, excluding general wear and tear and certain consumable parts. Consumable items not covered under this warranty include, but are not limited to: blades, cutting strips, laser tubes, light bulbs, cutting sticks, creasing rubber pad, fuses, etc. Most supplies such as transfer papers, transfer vinyls, transfer tape, coated mugs, Teflon sheets, blank cards, etc. are not covered by this warranty.
For replacement parts, we offer ninety (90) day limited warranty on mechanical, electrical and electronic parts.
Should in our opinion any part of the machine be defective in materials or workmanship, it will be replaced or repaired free of charge, providing that the machine has been installed and operated in the correct manner and not subjected to misuse.
This warranty extends only to the original purchaser, and is subject to all parts contained in the machine being authentic parts (either original or replacement) purchased from BDF Graphics. It does not include any shipping charges or incidental or consequential expenses.
We provide all warranty services in our Toronto location. All requests for warranty services must be authorized prior to shipping the machine or parts to our facility. For warranty repairs, buyer is responsible for all costs (including related customs fee or applicable duty, and tax) of shipping the item (or part of it) both ways.
Under all circumstances, all returns within specified period of time (usually two weeks unless stated otherwise), a complete machine or parts, must be authorized by BDF Graphics prior to shipping it to us. BDF Graphics will issue an Authorized Return Code to make the return offer effective. A 15% restocking and shipping costs applies unless stated otherwise in the specific advertisement. Unauthorized returns will be discarded and will not be returned.
Under all circumstances, BDF Graphics shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage, direct, indirect or consequential, arising out of the use or inability to use the product purchased from us. The sole and exclusive liability to BDF Graphics regardless of the form of action, shall not exceed the purchase price of the said product purchased from us.
BDF Graphics reserves the right to make amendments to these standard policies without advance notices to its customers. Any amendments will take effect immediately from the date they are published on our website. However, these changes shall have no effect on warranty of products purchased prior to these published amendments.
BDF Graphics and its manufacturing partners reserve the rights to make changes to the specifications of a particular product and related product documentations, whenever it is deemed necessary, without notifying its customers.